1940 - 1949
Finnish label, established in the early 1940s in Helsinki by two YLE engineers, Paavo Aarni and Rafael Ylkänen. While the company Oy Rytmi Ab was established in November 1940, the first release wasn't produced until in 1942.
Rytmi had its own studio and pressing plant, but the beginning wasn't very successful, and it was purchased by Musiikki-Fazer in 1948.
The company Oy Rytmi Ab was officially shut down in 1949.
The brand continued under Fazer, and after a reorganization of the Fazer companies in 1966, the label was moved under the new record company, Oy Finnlevy Ab, before being abandoned about a decade later in the 1970s.