The Mag-Ni-Phone gramophone was produced by the Charles W. Shonk Company, which was located at 707 St. Charles Street in Maywood, Illinois. This information dates back to October 1916.
The Charles W. Shonk Company itself was established in 1877 in Chicago, Illinois, originally under the name of Shonk Tin Printing Company. The company eventually changed its name to the Chas W. Shonk Company in 1891.
It was renowned for producing detailed lithograph signs and trays for various industries, including some of the very early tin Coca-Cola, Pepsi Cola, Moxie, and Dr. Pepper tin litho advertising signs and trays.
In 1901, the American Can Company acquired the Chas W. Shonk Company, renaming it the Shonk Works in 1906, and operated it until its closure in 1973.