Lawson & Company was established in 1906 by Charles Lawson and his sons William Lawson and Arthur Lawson in New York City.
Lawson & Company built a full line of upright pianos, baby grand pianos and player pianos. Their instruments were known for being very durable and affordable, and the firm enjoyed modest success for several years. In addition to building pianos under the “Lawson” brand name, the firm also built a successful line of player pianos under the “Play-A-Piano” brand name as well as the UNIVERSAL Phonographs.
Lawson & Company went out of business around 1929 due to the Great Depression.
LAWSON PIANO Co.
372 East 140th Street
New York (NY) / USA